You are an energy healer, or holistic health practitioner. You have a skillset that you know will benefit the world, and yet you find yourself struggling to make ends meet, you find yourself trading with people all the time, you feel that people don't value what you know and you don't get paid what you know you are worth.
It's a common story. Don't worry. But you may not like me when I say that you are likely getting in your own way and that you are the one who owns the power to change that story. Many people are rejecting themselves before they ever get rejected by society. This can go way back for people in the healing arts. Watch the series Psychic Kids and you will see kids fearing rejection by their peers, afraid to freak them out, and therefore keep their healing skills quiet. I have not been trained as a healer, at least not in this life, but I have worked with and coached many over the years. Here are some ways to get past the fear of rejection, and actually learn great things from them.
1) Value what you know. If the people in your life do not seem to value what you know, you are either not demonstrating the value, or they are just not open enough to benefit from your gifts. That is not your fault, and it will only cause you pain if you continue to try persuading them of the value when they don't want to believe. The unseen world still frightens a lot of people and that is ok. Find those who believe and support you, and are at the very least curious about what you do. You won't find them by staying in your comfort zone, new people are out there waiting to meet you. You have to value what you do. Value what you know, believe in what you know, even in the face of disbelief from others. When you value what you know, you will be able to stand up for what you believe in, even in the face of adversity. When you do that, you are a beacon of belief, and those who will value you, will be drawn to you. But, you will have to let them know you are in the world and ready to serve them, otherwise they will find themselves drawn to other visible healers who own their value.
2) You will be able to release the rejections, because you find out where you are accepted. Many folks who practice energy healing believe in reincarnation, and are carrying around past life traumas. Definitely going to someone who can help release these will be beneficial to you, as those traumas do affect our unconscious. But nothing will replace the courage that you need to find in yourself to risk it all again in this lifetime, and that is what is needed to overcome any fear. Many who practice and are successful experienced similar traumas in past lives, but are marching on regardless, and living untouched and happily. I can relate, I was made aware of past life traumas by others and have been asked to step out and change the story. The past does not equal the future. You can protect yourself from ever experiencing rejection, or you can put yourself out there, get rejected from time to time, not take it personally, and find the people who love what you offer. If you are applying for a job, the odds are that 1 in 10 people will respond to your approaches. It is similar when marketing your own business too. Either way you will be facing it, so wouldn't you rather face it doing what you love? I am not saying you won't need a job to support you at times, but keep working towards your passion at the same time.
3) Get clear on who you want as clients. Every experience with somebody who provides you with contrast is a gift, and every rejection is a gift to help you get clearer on who you want to work with. Build your list of contrast and then flip it over to what you want. Let go of your judgements of those who don't understand, or refuse to understand, or you will continue to attract them in to your world. Then beam out requests from the universe for those you want to attract to your work.
Don't Want Do Want
Close minded open minded
Don't believe in energy healing are open to at least experiencing energy healing
Not willing to do the inner work passionate about doing their inner work
don't value what I do value what I do and are willing to pay for it.
not taking responsibility for self fully taking responsibility for self
Then, do some soulstorming. Where would you find these people? They are out there beyond facebook. They are at group homes, transition centres, spiritual centres, select schools, emergency services. You will find it surprising just who is open to it, and how open they are. In the process you will probably discover, if anything, that you may have been more close-minded than you thought.
4) Put yourself in situations that scare you a little. I know some healers put out messages to the higher selves of those who they will serve, and wait for them to come. They usually end up waiting a long time if they are not taking any action. Many people will only come when they know you do what you do, when you have declared to the world your skills, even when it scares you. You have a powerful intuition, this is where it is important to listen to it. Your intuition will guide you where you need to go, and it may scare you. A healer I know was looking for unrelated work recently when she was put on the spot and persuaded to talk about her healing work, at much discomfort to her. It lead to the creation of a new opportunity and additional exposure for her healing practice, something she had never expected. It also reaffirmed for her the value of what she knows and does, and that people in the world do value and appreciate it. Ask yourself a question: "Who is the best person for me to talk to so that I can build my healing business?" Then, trust your intuition, and act on it, even, and especially, if it scares you. You have put out a request to the universe for what you want, and the universe rewards us when we face our fears. Trust yourself, and take the action you are called to take. Then see how much better of a match you attract.
5) Learn how to demonstrate the value of what you do. A common mistake is that people tell others what they do, and they share the features of it ie) the methods used. What your potential customer wants to know is the benefits of it to them in their life. Will it help them reduce something? eg) anxiety or pain. Will it help to release anything? eg) toxins or toxic emotions. The more conversations you have, the more times you risk rejection, the better you will get at knowing what it is that people respond well to. Interview those you have served, and find out what benefits they enjoy, it may surprise you. There is a whole art to this and is the subject of future blogs and events. If they need scientific proof, your science may not be enough, but there are plenty of peer reviewed studies which now show the benefits of energy healing. Include a wealth of information on your websites, offer group healings which are more affordable, and give information subjects. The more you believe in your art, and you, without the need to argue your case, but standing up for it, the more you will find yourself persuading people to hop on your table. Be prepared to make mistakes, to say the wrong thing, to trigger a firm non-believer. In time, without attachment to the results, you will find that you learn lots, and become better at getting across your message to the right people.
You have great skills, knowledge, awareness, and gifts and I want to see people in the world benefiting from them. And they will not be benefitting if you are sitting at your computer resenting the fact that nobody is responding to your energetic calls. We are here to meet people, to overcome fears, to learn lessons, and to experience the joy of life, and that comes when we step out of our comfort zone and challenge our deepest fears. If this is you, maybe you are ready to be accountable to someone who can support you on the path to your greatness.
Yoga, spirituality, science, adventures and more. These blogs are designed to uplift your days and help you find clarity.