If you spend a lot of time working from home, then you need to set up your environment, and your lifestyle within it, to be conducive to the flow of good vibes in to your business, and the rest of your life. Otherwise your health will suffer, and as a result your magnetism in business.
Something a lot of business professionals neglect, is the environment that they create for themselves when working. A recent visit with my friends at Boomers Wellness reminded me of the importance of this, especially for those of us who are very sensitive, intuitive, or psychic, who are highly affected by an unsafe environment and all the electromagnetic waves in the atmosphere.
Here are some tips that I can offer all writers and home business owners:
1) Have your work space separate to your sleeping space. I have lived in situations where this has not been possible and it has been agonising. Working, sleeping, and meditating in the same room with little room to move. It has allowed me to appreciate more greatly the times when I am able to do this. Too many business people take their work to bed with them, which can really irritate the partner, because they are never letting go of work. Again this comes from personal experience. Many of my clients have reported lying awake with their worries and having too easy access to their computer. Do what you can to create a sleep space, a work space, an exercise space and a meditation space. Tell me how you feel after doing that!
2) Get as much daylight as you can or make the most of the advanced technologies that do their best to mimic this. Our body benefits from natural lighting, dawn til dusk. Unfortunately many of us do not leave our homes throughout the day, coaching and working with people via the internet or phone, or labouring over our writing opus. Our sleep is affected as a result. There are lighting technologies that are designed to expose us to the correct light frequencies throughout the day so that we can be in tune with our natural circadian rhythms. These can be beneficial for many of us, especially in these winter months where for many of us the hours of sun are minimal. Make sure you take some time out of your day, connect with nature when you can, and allow your body to get some Vitamin D from the sun.
3) Protect yourself as best as possible from modern technology and turn off wireless when it is not being used. No doubt you have read or know about the negative affects that all our technologies can have on our well being. It is important that we do what we can to minimize the affect of these technologies. There are gizmos and gadgets that can minimize the affects of these, it is worth researching. At the same time you can be aware for yourself by minimizing the number of technologies you have running at any one time. Turn off the tv while you work and see how much more productive you feel. If you do not need wireless access while you work, turn off the modem on your computer. Look around your room, what other technologies could be interfering with your wellness?
4) Get on outside and get yourself some fresh air. Nature provides the best environment, that is why we need to protect it, be grateful for it, and experience the gifts it has to offer. Throughout your day, do what you can do to take a 5 minute break and get on outside for some air. If you live in a city centre and find that difficult to achieve, seek out a good air filtration system. Nikken offers a great system and when I sit in a room with one I can notice the difference, hugely. I am not a Nikken distributor but I can point you in the direction of one that I trust.
5) Drink high quality water. As part of my research for the novel I am writing, I have been living in an abandoned mansion ( it will be central to the story I believe and I am blessed to be able to stay there to learn how the owners would have lived ). I am afraid to drink the water, even filtering won't be enough, even the dog won't drink it. Make sure you are drinking lots of water throughout your day and do what you can to drink high quality water wherever you can. Avoid water from plastic bottles. If you can get access to a high quality filter like the Kangen or Nikken Water Filter, then I can highly recommend those. You will need to do a little research about the water in your area, but it will be worth your time. You can also bless the water you drink. Dr Masaru Emoto demonstrated the powerful effect our intentions can have on the quality of water. Check out this video and see what I mean.
The environment you are in is key to your productivity in your work, especially if you are a highly sensitive individual like I am. When you travel, these principles are even more important to follow, so be sure to plan ahead. As I prepare for my upcoming trip to the UK I am very aware of the need to prepare for this. The town where my parents live has a motto: "May the heavens reflect our labour." It is a factory town. I need to be prepared!
So ask yourself today:
What can I do to make my environment safer and healthier for me?
And, if you have any further insights for my readers, then write them in the comment boxes below.
SIGN UP FOR A COMPLIMENTARY COACHING SESSION
If you are an energy healer, writer, or anyone setting up a holistic health practice, and are unsure of how best to share your work with others, contact me for a complimentary coaching session in which I can show you how you may be sabotaging yourself and what you can do to ensure that you are delivering the message to others about yourself that you want to deliver.
It is a mind-body-spirit approach to marketing and PR.
Click Here For All The Information You Need To Sign Up For Your Complimentary Session Today
Yoga, spirituality, science, adventures and more. These blogs are designed to uplift your days and help you find clarity.