11 Reasons People Die With Their Voice Inside Them And What You Can Do To Make Sure It Doesn't Happen To You
I don't want to die with my voice inside me. I have a book burning it's way through my imagination, and I am taking action daily to bring it about. Sometimes it is painful, sometimes it is effortless and joyful. But I have witnessed too many folks stuff their gift down and not share it with the world, and seen the regret it leaves in their hearts. Below are some of the reasons I have witnessed in myself and others in the years gone by, and suggestions for new questions to ask, or actions to take.
1) They don't have a strong enough vision or WHY. When you have a burning desire to make a change in the life of others, you will share your voice even when the greatest of obstacles present themselves. Sure, have a vision for the lifestyle you want to live, but also, hold a vision of the way you want to impact the world with your service. Whether it is building a wellness facility, setting up a healing practice, or writing books, have a clear vision of what you would like to accomplish, and have flexibility with the way it looks. Focus on the feeling you wish to experience within yourself upon the living of that vision. The inner peace, the happiness, the confidence, the compassion, the love. Imagine them in to your reality. Focus on the WHY, the reason that you are doing this. It will stretch you and it will thrill you if you are on track.
2) They don't have a clear vision of who they are being called to become. You may be so afraid of your power and what you can do, that you may shy away from it. You may have noticed so many more bad examples of what people do with their power, that you are turned off by it. What is important is that you get clear on who you want to become when you are in your power and stay focused on that. If you feel that there is too much manipulating in the world, then be clear on the fact that you are offering your work to those who will truly benefit knowing that you are the best thing for them. Otherwise you end up fearing the manipulative side of yourself that remains unclaimed within yourself. Who will you need to become in order to fulfill your vision?
3) They are afraid to be seen or heard because others will judge or criticise them. This is often the toughest for the creative who feels unappreciated for their work, or the intuitive who feels the same, sharing with people who hold different values. Part of your process of mastery is to develop an immunity to these, because you will receive it, like it or not. The question is not whether others will judge you, but how you will handle it, and whether you will judge yourself. Believe in yourself even when it seems like the world does not and you will be able to make waves. Remain free of the opinions of the others and your self esteem on this path will flourish.
4) They believe they have nothing unique to contribute. This is a fear of people in any profession, in any endeavour in life. You are unique and have your own unique spin on things. You are a unique individual with a unique soup of challenges you have overcome and stories to tell. There are people on this planet who are going to be attracted to the authentic you and benefit from the work that you do. So instead of fearing that you are not unique, spend time determining why you are. Keep asking the question until you feel the certainty in it: "What makes me/my message unique?"
5) They believe they don't have enough education. Even those with multiple PhDs after their name struggle with this. If you are intuitively guided to seek out more education, then seek it out and do it, but you do not want to do it from a place of believing you don't have enough formal education. Ultimately it comes down to your own confidence in yourself. It takes daily positive self talk to guide you in to becoming that person you want to become. I have worked with many who have degrees our the yin yang but lack the confidence to get their message across. If you have education, what aspect of it did you enjoy most and how can you apply that to the work that you do? There is always more to learn, but that should not prevent us from taking steps forward on our path.
6) They don't want to have to promote themselves. With the advent of the internet, the possible ways of sharing your passions, creativity and expertise with the world have increased exponentially. Whether you are an author published with a major publishing company, or you have a healing or holistic health business, you will need to promote and sell yourself and that is something a lot of people don't like to hear. It is usually because of what they believe about salesmen and marketers. There are thousands of marketing professionals out there who can guide you on your path. What you need to ask yourself is, "Who is the best coach to help me with the success of my vision." Martin Luther King and Gandhi were incredible promoters, not of themselves, but of their cause. But they also had to believe they were the right person for the job. You need to be the best promoter of your personal gift, and believe that you are the person to share it with others.
7) They don't believe they have enough time. If your vision is important enough to you, you will find and create the time to make it happen, even if it is 15 - 20 minutes a day in the beginning. And if it is something that your heart truly wants to do, then it will not feel like a burden. You would be able to do it in the middle of the night if you had to, like I did in writing this blog when the inspiration hit me at a ridiculous hour. What time wasters can you eliminate from your schedule? How much time can you dedicate to your passion? Once you have answered these questions, you will then be able to find ways to bring it in to your schedule. I have seen the busiest of single moms able to follow their calling and still maintain healthful relationships. It requires an honest evaluation of how you are spending each moment of time, but it is amazing what time we can find when we are committed.
8) They don't have enough money. The other big deterrent for many. Keep your day job, while you build your passion. At some point you will have to make the leap, but listen to intuition and the guidance of others. Some of my early mistakes were made by jumping ship too early. Gratitude really is the practice that will make the difference here. The more you are able to look at what you have in your life and appreciate it, the more that you will be able to create your future from a mindset of abundance versus a mindset of lack. When you create from this space you welcome in new opportunities with ease, you feel more at peace in your day to day, and you recognise that you have enough of the spiritual qualities that really make a difference to create in your outer world.
9) They have to wait until xyz happens. Too many people say they will start working on their true calling when xyz happens. The trouble is for a lot of people, xyz never happens. What small step can you take today? Don't fall in to the trap of getting completely overwhelmed with all that needs to happen in order to bring about your vision. Remember that you will get there by taking one step at a time. What is the next step you need to take to bring about your vision?
10) They are paralysed by a fear of failure. If you are like me, and most who have achieved success, then you will make mistakes along the way. We cannot fear making mistakes, we cannot fear the failure, if we are to achieve anything in this short life of ours. If at this time you fear failure, acknowledge it, and remind yourself that the past does not equal the future. Just because you failed in the past, does not mean it will happen this time. Forgive yourself for your previous failures if you blame yourself. What were the gifts in your failures? When you can adopt this attitude moving forward you will no longer fear failure, you will seek to find the valuable lesson in it.
11) They believe nobody will value the work. Others will value your work when you value your work. You may be surrounded by friends who are as equally gifted as you, or in the same space in life as you. So nothing you give them may seem to make a difference. Again, you may feel unappreciated. We tend to surround ourselves with likeminded people, so no wonder you can feel that way, if you are talking to the converted. Think back to who you were 3 years ago, even 6 months ago. Who are the people who would benefit from your gifts and services? They are who you were at one point. Who values your work? These are completely different questions that will pull you in a completely different direction. They are likely not your close circle of friends, but an altogether new group of people who you can truly benefit.
Your voice is a great healing gift to the world, but if you are letting any of the above stop you from taking action today, you are depriving the world of your gift. If you have not been able to affect the lives that you want to, you need to ask some new questions, take some new actions. Seek out guidance from another who can begin to support you so that your gift can and will benefit others. But please, please, please, don't die with your voice inside you, your gifts are needed on this planet now, more than ever.
Learn ways to overcome your self criticism, fear of failure, and build your confidence to become an inspiration to others as you share the healing power of your voice. Through skype sessions or in person meetings I am here to support with my coaching practice. Contact me here to receive a complimentary coaching session so that you can get clear on the next steps you can take to step in to your vision.
” I consider working with Matthew to be one of the greatest gifts I’ve received in this life.
I am a deeply intuitive and spiritual woman and I do often feel isolated because of that. I’ve also experienced the difficulty of finding some one who I can trust to help me and to understand all the intricacies of being how I am.
I’ve found Matthew’s coaching style to be effortlessly natural and spot on the money when it comes to quickly identifying the core issues troubling me. Then I’ve watched week after week as old patterns that have plagued me my whole life fall away as easy as breathing.
Matthew is incredibly kind. He is I think the most non-judgmental and self responsible person I have ever met. His openess and ability to just be so human about it all gives space for the miraculous to happen. His intuition is very strong and his knowledge comes from already having done the work himself."
Cary Rae Biem
Do you ever get intuitive insights in meditation, or in fleeting moments, that you have never read in a book? And then found that nobody in your circle believed you when you shared them?
"Intuition means "soul-perception." It shows the difference between true and false reasoning. Errors are made by people who fail to distinguish between a real "hunch" or intuition, and their conceptions born of intellect, experience, or blind belief."
- Paramhansa Yogananda
Especially when it comes to health and fitness. There are so many books out there with conflicting information. I believe the truth is that they all work for certain people. Experts are correct for certain people. The raw diet works for certain people, and makes others sick. The Body For Life fitness program has been the metabolic booster for some, and not for others.
Tuning into your own internal guidance system will guide you in helping to make the right choice for you. I therefore believe that learning to trust your bodies own intuition is foundational to enjoying living in your body. As long as you rely solely on another persons belief system, you sacrifice your own self.
What has happened when you have tuned out your intuition? Have you found yourself making choices that didn’t work for you and then ended up blaming someone else?
This has happened many times in my life. I learned to tune out my intuition because there was nobody around me who validated what I was saying. And then I would pick up a book and the hairs on my body would stand on end as I read something that I had felt intuitively for a long time.
It becomes a lifelong practice of discernment. When two conflicting opinions are provided by two experts, tuning into your intuition will guide you to understanding what is right for you.
We will always find someone else who can validate an insight that we have had. Where our courage comes is in being able to trust that insight for ourselves and acting on it when we don't have it outside of ourselves, and be willing to risk being wrong.
We are not taught this in school. Yet, if our intuition is fostered in the school system then more people would grow up listening to their own internal guidance, and not solely to the steadfast opinions of another individual which are open to error.
What have you picked up intuitively that you have not read in a book yet? Or that you disagree with in a book that you have read, or expert that you have listened to.
Trusting our intuition comes through a process of deep practice of meditation, and the clearing of the emotional toxins and beliefs that prevent us from hearing that intuition.
We have no need to prove our intuitive insights to others, for they may never believe them, but we can choose to act upon them, and explore where it may lead.
The truths that others know intuitively for themselves on their path may not be the same ones that will work for you. Even as you read this, meditation afterwards will allow you to know the truth in it for you. Kriya Yoga has been the path that has opened up my intuition more than any other I have experienced, you will know if it is yours ( especially if someone else just mentioned it to you yesterday).
How much have you relied on your trained intellect over and above your intuition?
How much do you rely on intuition to guide you the intellectual truths for you on your path?
What stops you from trusting your intuitive insights?
Please share your thoughts, comment in the comment box below. Share your experiences with listening to your intuitive awareness. How has it differed from what authority figures told you growing up. Have you ever felt mislead by your intuition?
Find out how Matthew can serve you to tuning into your intuition and allowing it to guide you on your personal path. Through his coaching people have improved all areas of their life and found greater levels of happiness. Click here to see what others have said and contact him directly here .
Yoga, spirituality, science, adventures and more. These blogs are designed to uplift your days and help you find clarity.