This is a seven part series that will take you on a journey to explore your chakras. You will learn of their position within the body and the various symptoms in your life that indicate what is happening within them. You will receive tips on how to address the aspects of life that are out of balance and you will learn simple meditations upon each of the chakras to help restore balance.
THE SOLAR PLEXUS CHAKRA
As you might expect, this chakra lies within the region of our solar plexus and navel area.
This chakra is related to our self-esteem, warrior energy and our ability to set and maintain boundaries in our life. It also ties in to the power of transformation.
AFFIRMATIONS FOR THIS CHAKRA
"I am responsible for who I am and I who I choose to become."
"I love and approve of myself."
1) How much do you love yourself? We are not talking about a conceited self-love here, we are talking about healthy self-love such that you allow only the healthiest relationships in to your life. We only allow people to treat us slightly less worse than we treat ourselves. What are others reflecting back to you? What parts of yourself are calling for greater self-love and self-acceptance? Give yourself that love and you will be amazed what you reflect from the world around you.
2) Are you unconsciously seeking approval from others? You may think/feel that you are beyond the need for approval, but many people discover differently as they walk life's path, discovering it is a subconscious weed that needs to be pulled. It is not what you want to believe about yourself, but what you truly believe about yourself that determines how you face the world. Give yourself the approval with the choices you make. Listen to the guidance of your intuition as to what the next step is. Be aware of when you are waiting for someone else to give you the green light, for truly you are giving your power away to them. You may find that you make mistakes, but that is part of the joy of life!
3) Are you willing to take responsibility for what you face in your life? This means that you do not blame others for what has happened to you. At the same time you do not blame yourself. It means that you are willing to face the hurtful feelings, the circumstances you find yourself in and admit when you have done something wrong to another. When someone has done you harm you create healthy boundaries and walk away if you need to. You no longer rely on others to take responsibility for what has happened to you, or to come and save you, you choose to be a warrior of your own light.
4) Are you judgmental and critical of others? We are not in our power when we are judgmental and critical of others, focusing on the injustice done to us or others. We are in our power when we carry the light of justice within ourselves. We don't avoid our power out of being afraid of being judgmental. When we hold the light of justice we stand confidently in truth, speaking up for those who are unable to, even if it is our own inner child. Discernment is key to our meetings with everyone, but judgment and criticism do not bring us any closer to our power. If there is something in our world you find yourself criticising, do your utmost to be the opposite of that in all you do! If you see selfishness, you can waste energy in judging that in the other, or you can weed out your own selfish behaviours and choose to act in some selfless manner.
5) Do you live a life of integrity and honesty? We are in integrity when our thoughts, feelings and actions are in alignment. Many people have claimed to be of integrity, but when push came to shove have acted out of integrity. Have you done that in your life? I know that I valued integrity so much that when I caught myself acting out of integrity I was harsh on myself. Your stand for integrity is an ideal to hold yourself up to, so that when you are acting of of integrity your inner compass or a supportive friend, will let you know. Integrity ultimately comes when you are truly being you, walking, talking and being you in everything you do.
A MEDITATION UPON THE SACRAL CHAKRA
1) When you are in meditation, focus your attention at the solar plexus and picture a yellow circle sitting there.
2) Begin to tone a deep "Om" sound whilst maintaining attention and focus on this chakra. Repeat this process 7 times on that same spot and be aware of any messages from your body.
3) Be aware of the releasing of energy over the next few days. You may notice emotional issues coming to the surface related to some of the above issues. Don't judge them, simply allow yourself to feel them and allow them to move through you. Love yourself! If you need a helping hand reach out to someone who can offer support. In those times you find it challenging to be compassionate towards yourself, the compassion of another can moved mountains.
Meditation is a great process for any of us so that we can begin to restore balance to our lives. In this FREE guide I offer my top tips for you as you begin to set up a practice in your life. I address many of the concerns people have about meditation, how to breathe properly, different types of practice and much more. Click on the link below to download it and read it on your phone, tablet or computer. As I add more content to the guide you will receive updates and benefit from the feedback of others.
CLICK HERE FOR YOUR FREE GUIDE
Yoga, spirituality, science, adventures and more. These blogs are designed to uplift your days and help you find clarity.