Technology is often seen as the answer to reduce fear amongst the populace, to provide them with the security that is one of their basic needs. Sometimes that technology can end up being the source of even greater fear and anger, as we witness police forces enacting extreme measures for what they say is the benefit of the people.
Currently the police forces, as a collective, promise us security with their tanks and weapons, but recent news reports demonstrate quite clearly that people do not feel secure. We have seen too often how police forces have been used against the people. We do need to speak up and make a stand, but it does not mean we have to attack the police themselves. Many are in fear themselves, which is why they seek to control that fear through the use of technological advances.
Could it be that there are alternatives to technology that science has demonstrated but is still not widely accepted by the mainstream?
Something tells me that when the mainstream ignores progressive science with potentially world changing information, that we could be headed for disaster. There are things that we as individuals can do to affect the crime rate on the planet, though it does not need to be accepted by everyone in order for it to work. Check out the following scientific studies and resources.
- over the summer months of 1993 violent crime in Washington DC was decreased by 23.6 percent as 4000 people participated in a meditation study. Before they began the studies violence had been on the rise. When the group stopped meeting and meditating the violence increased once more. All other possible factors, such as anticrime activities, were ruled out and the chance variation in crime levels was less than 2 parts per billion, giving the researchers great confidence in the fact that it was due to a meditation effect.
- the institute of HeartMath has researched coherence a great deal. When the electromagnetic rhythms of the heart are stable, this is known as coherence. Their research has shown that those people with the greatest coherence within themselves affect the brainwave patterns of those around them. Imagine how officers practising coherence might interact differently with potential trouble makers.
- a study published in the Journal of Offender Rehabilitation showed that 7000 people gathering to meditate, at three different times, were able to reduce acts of terrorism worldwide by 72 %. They ruled out anything else that might have affected the outcome, even weather, before drawing this controversial conclusion.
These studies do not suggest that we do away with the police force, but they do suggest that we all have the ability to affect crime rates and violence in our towns, countries and world. This is not a naive suggestion but something that is backed up by science. In our world of diversity this will not be the only approach, we will need to make use of other approaches, but force does not have to be the first.
How do you think these facts could help society? What action does it inspire you to take within your own life?
Is it perhaps a calling to each of us to find our security within, because nothing outside seems to provide the lasting security that we need?
1) Social Indicators Research 47: 153 - 201, 1999.
3) Journal of Offender Rehabilitation 36, 2003, 1/2/3/4, pages 282-302
LIVE ON VANCOUVER ISLAND OR NEAR BY? Be sure to check out the Sacred Technology event to be hosted in Victoria, BC on October 29th. We are all included in the evolution of technology on our planet whether we know it or not.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO REGISTER
Yoga, spirituality, science, adventures and more. These blogs are designed to uplift your days and help you find clarity.